1. From the Outlook Express toolbar, click 'Tools'.
2. Select 'Accounts...' from the drop-down menu.
3. From the Internet Accounts box click the 'Mail' tab.
4. Click the 'Add' button and then choose 'Mail...'.
5. In the 'Display name' box, enter the name that you would like displayed in emails you send. This can be anything you like.
6. Click the 'Next' button.
7. In the 'E-mail address' box, enter your full email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Click the 'Next' button.
9. Depending on which login type you wish to use, select either 'POP3' or 'IMAP' from the 'My incoming mail server is a' list. Which login type should I choose?
10. In the 'Incoming mail server' box, enter 'mail.yourdomain.com' (replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name). You can also find your incoming mailserver in the confirmation email that we sent to you when you purchased your email package.
11. In the 'Outgoing mail server' box, enter 'mail.yourdomain.com' (replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name). You can also find your outgoing mailserver in the confirmation email that we sent to you when you purchased your email package.
12. Click the 'Next' button.
13. In the 'Account name' box, enter your full email address.
14. In the 'Password' box, enter the password for your email address.
15. Click the 'Next' button.
16. Click the 'Finish' button.
17. The Internet Accounts box should still be open. Highlight the new account that you have just setup, and click the 'Properties' button. Then click the 'Servers' tab.
18. In the Outgoing mailserver section, tick the 'My server requires authentication' tick box, to switch this setting on. This applies to both POP3 and IMAP login types.
- POP3 login ONLY (optional): If you wish to leave your emails online for a set period, so newer emails are still available in Webmail rather than deleted by Outlook as it downloads them, now click the 'Advanced' tab and tick the box 'Leave a copy of messages on server', then tick 'Remove from server after' and set 30 days. DO NOT set it to leave emails on the server forever (just the first box ticked), otherwise your account will eventually run out of space!
- IMAP login ONLY: To sync your Sent and Drafts folders with Webmail, click the 'IMAP' tab and make sure 'Store special folders on IMAP server' is ticked. Then enter 'Sent' for the Sent Items path, and 'Drafts' for the Drafts path.
19. Click the 'OK' button, and then click the 'Close' button to close the Internet Accounts box.
This completes your email account setup, and you are now ready to start using your email address.